Re: reply to Robert Holmgren on memory problems, digest #137

>Question about the use of the character set and HTML:
>1) When the character set with German Umlauts is used under XYWRITE, will it
>transfer into HTML especially E-Mail?
>2) When using that character set, what are the keys associated with the German
>characters?
>Thanks
>Dick Giering

Hi! I don't know much about html (or anything computerese for that matter),
but it seems the German codes in html are pretty straightforward, no?
When I download German web documents into my completely English system, the
German characters come across as low ASCII sequences, which are easily
replaced with a little XY program like this:

cia /Ä/Ä/
cia /Ü/Ü/
cia /Ö/Ö/
cia /ä/ä/
cia /ü/ü/
cia /ö/ö/
cia /ß/ß/

I'd guess that should be easy to incorporate into whatever system
you are using, no?

NB: Wusste garnicht, dass hier andere Deutsche an Bord sind!

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/
--Is "uu.net", owned by Microsoft, a spam house? Shame on them!