Re: sort file problem { xy-3.53 under WIN98.SE }

Reply to note from "Pierre d'Or jcvanhaeften@xxxxxxxx"
 Thu, 25 May 2006 11:59:09 +0200

Carel:

Relax. Your question is clear. Correct me if I'm wrong: you want
the SORT command to work so that numbers are sorted in reverse
order, while words are sorted in normal alphabetical order. Right?

OK, here's how. Two easy steps. First, load the following sort
file (everything between the lines --- but not the lines
themselves):

---
;SO;
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
---

Second, change default Sort Key value to 2, with the following
command:

D SK=2

Your sorts should work as requested. (I'm using v3.58B.)

To revert to normal sorting, QUIT and restart XyWrite.

By the way, like you, when I call up the Memory Usage screen (just
taking a WILD guess that this is what you mean by Ctrl-M), no usage
is reported on line 6 in the File column, even though a sort file is
loaded. Strange, isn't it?

Let us know how it works out. Salut!

--
Carl Distefano