Re: New subscriber

Joe Solla:
>At the risk of igniting "off-topic" traffic - I see people using
>Xysomething as an editor and then formatting and printing
>in a windows wordprocessor. - I've been fiddling with a $10
>shareware editor (Notetab)

Notetab was also mentioned on our local BBS in here in Tokyo,
which has a heavy contingent of XYwriters. If they like
it, it can't be half-bad. I understand it is mainly useful
for editing html though.

>It's not XyWrite, but it ain't Word either. No plug intended.

Speaking about that one, here is how some hapless Wurgh users
try to help each other solving the tricky problem of.... drum
roll... using more than one autoreplace file:

>The autocorrect information is kept in the Windows directory
>(probably bcs it's supposed to be shared with the other Office
>applications) in a file with the extension *.acl. On a single-
>user system, it's User000.acl; on Win NT there's such a file for
>each user, called Tony000.acl, Robert000.acl etc. Now all ya
>gotta do, I imagine, is either run NT and use a different user
>name for each language, or on a single-user system copy that
>file each time you finish working to a name indicating the
>language, then when you want to work again, copy the file for
>the given language to User000.acl.

 ...give me "load local.spl" any time...

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"In China, the President continues to coddle aging rulers with a
--dangerous contempt for democracy and a desire for nuclear weapons"
--William Jefferson Clinton, 1992