Re: Xywrite history

≪ I had the pleasure of being joined by Richard Brodie,
author of Virus of the Mind, and an early Microsoft
employee who in 1981 wrote the first version of Microsoft
Word (to compete with XYWrite, for those who remember). ≫
			--David Bennahum [to Meme mailing list]

	Is this true? MSWord was written to compete
	with Xywrite way back in the ... 	--Daniel Say

'81? I don't think so. The word processor in MS's sites
then would have been WordStar. Bennahum's a Mac dude.
He's probably vaguely heard of both as obscure pioneering
DOS word processors, knows neither, and is distracted
by his book tour. I'm guessing, but it wouldn't be
his first error. 				--a