XYWRITE AND S

XY-> > I am mystified too that we never hear a peep from TG, since there are
 -> > a couple of subscribers there. Are we being snubbed because we aren't

XY-> Nathan,

XY-> I continue to monitor the Compuserve PCAPPS forum and must report that TTG
 -> presence there has been every bit as sparse as on this list. Since Jeff

If TG is a small company--and there's no reason to think it
isn't--the people have their hands full answering phone queries
and preparing fixes or new releases. The time to write a public
message that might generate a wider flow and more expectations of
answers would be a luxury.

Not that I'm defending the company. It's a question of direction
and the person at the top who decides what is most important, and
the assumption would be that die-hard XyWrite users remain loyal
in spite of everything.

Xyquest was also kind of miserable at marketing. Its macro sales
program was promising and a pain. I mean, the clause that the
writer-seller had to provide support to all and everyone was
unrealistic. And the inability to get any technical notes
whatsoever on the version after 3+ was pure frustration.

TG is one step farther away. As been pointed out, there are no
are additional technical notes on its BBS; it doesn't even have a
sales notice (as of a week or two ago) of the availability of
Windows version 4.12. It's either understaffed or misdirected.

Hard to believe any company realistically interested in its
software could be so marketing-foolish. Perhaps it's a tax
write-off venture.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx