Re: listwds

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Mon, 23 Sep
2002 10:41:23 -0700

Morris:

> I have loaded your latest Listwds program, but after so many
> versions I do not understand how to use it fully. I am confused
> by [A] and the options that are available.

Here are some examples showing how the various options could be
used:

List all words in current file containing "tion":
LISTWDS tion
(Lists "nation", "national", "nationality", etc.)

List all words ending in "tion":
LISTWDS *tion
(Lists "nation", but not "national" or "nationality")

List all words beginning with "bi":
LISTWDS bi*
(Lists "bifurcate" and "bilious", but not "libidinous" or
"labile")

List all words containing the internal string "bi":
LISTWDS *bi*
(Lists "rabid" or "Fabian" but not "bilingual" or "alibi")

Framename LISTWDSA makes the listing case-Absolute. For example,
LISTWDSA Bi* lists "Bimini" but not "bistro".

I hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx