Re: Looking for XyWrite

Robert Holmgren:

>The publisher has abandoned [XyWrite] entirely. There is
>no support, no meaningful help, just some occasional chatter
>that bears no fruit.

Come come. One George Buschman occasionally dares to post laconic comments
that tend to be rather useful, and on 26 August 1998 Kenneth Frank revealed
of "Smart Words" (XyWrite 5) not mere "chatter" but the clear statement:

> What we are waiting for is the completion of some
> rather simple documentation we can include with
> the product, and then we will make it available.

Three months and counting for "the completion of some rather simple
documentation". (How's it coming along, Mr Frank?)

Sounds to me like something a couple of Microsoft employees could knock
together in two days. Hey, that's an idea--why doesn't someone urge
Microsoft to buy up The Technology Group? Good for their megalomania, good
for Kenneth Frank's bank account. Maybe Xy could wind up as the word
processing "engine" within Microsoft *Bob 98*.
Peter Evans