Re: Removing CR/LF in XyWrite

>From Adriano Ortile--
Timothy,
I think something is wrong in your numerical conversion.
> But first, a bit of theory
>As I understand it, the ASCII character number for LF is 12 (or 0A in
hexadecimal);
> for CR it's 15 (or 0D).

Yes, you were right about my accidentally rendering this in Octal. It
occurred to me last night that 0A had to be 10--doesn't take a
mathemagician to figure that out. I checked my ASCII table this morning
and saw that I was reading the wrong (i.e. Octal) column.

Thanks for the correction, and for the helpful add'l explanation.

Timothy Olson
Editorial/Technical Assistant
Tyndale House Publishers
(630) 668-8310