Re: Goodbye Xy?

At 08:38 PM 7/5/96 CDT, you wrote:

>> * a notable absence of announcements about the
>> new product from TTG,
>
>I've been off the list for a couple of months. What *is* the latest
>from TTG?
>

>William Allen, wallen@xxxxxxxx
>http://www.astate.edu/docs/acad/cfa/art/allen/home.html

According to my records, the talkative Mr. Frank last described the new XY
to this group on April 10. Nothing has come in from TTG or from him about
it since then, despite the dreary litany of complaints, pleas, and requests
from those who are arguably the most faithful and helpful
product-supporters any company could wish for.

I have argued previously that TTG has gotten lots of free product debugging
and support from THIS group -- more so, in many ways, than TTG gives out
via long distance calls users must pay for. I suspect that the people here
have saved TTG thousands of dollars in that vein alone. Users continue to
write in, wondering about this company's astonishing inattentiveness; some
of them are despairing entirely of the product, and judging by some recent
mail here, are abandoning it entirely. My comments about this phenomenon
were greeted here with derision. The listowner told me I was boring him.
Others told us not to "poison the well," and go find someplace else to be a
"cranky customer." Mr. Frank averred that he doesn't answer "sarcasm"
online -- a decision much in keeping with his general silence in the face
of repeated, respectful requests from this group for information -- and
referred me to comments he had made many, many months ago, about TTG's poor
public relations.

I have learned a great deal from the people on this network and marvel at
the extent to which some folks really get buried in their computers and
word processors. It is also clear that I will learn practically nothing
from TTG on this list. Although I'll continue to monitor it for awhile to
pick up what I can about my version of XW, I do not plan to hold my breath
waiting for TTG to offer anything of substance for a long time to come.
But I do thank the many volunteer techies who have provided some very
helpful tips to me.

Peter Knupfer
Kansas State University