Re: Losing keyboard shortcuts with VDOS

Paul,
[... ] does VDOS somehow grab the Alt key when that is programmed to launch the full screen version, and if so can this be changed?
I've been experiencing a sort-of similar problem with vDos-lfn, going
in the opposite direction -- i.e., if I Alt-Tab out of XyWrite and
then Alt-Tab back into XyWrite, the Alt key gets stuck in the down
position in XyWrite. Similar problem with Alt-Enter: the Alt key gets
stuck down. The workaround I've found is to use a different key in
XyWrite to perform the Alt-Tab and Alt-Enter operations. This is easy
to arrange with the latest version of U2. For example, you could
reassign Alt-Enter to Left Alt and Alt-Tab to Right Alt, like this:

56=NOJM2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,Q2a,u,5,0, ,s,e,n,d,(,",!,{,E,n,t,e,r,},",),NO
98=NOJM2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,Q2a,u,5,0, ,s,e,n,d,(,",!,{,T,a,b,},",),NO
This should not affect your Alt+another key combinations, but will allow you to do Alt-Enter by simply pressing and releasing the Left Alt key and Alt-Tab by pressing and releasing the Right Alt key. If your problem is the result of Windows getting "confused" about the up/down state of the Alt key, this may do the trick since it forces you to do a full up+down (press+release) gesture with the Alt key. On the other hand, it may not work at all -- but probably worth a try.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx