Re: email choice

Judith Davidsen wrote:
Does this mean you just get to choose the drive, or that you can
set the program to automatically place your email in any folder
you want, rather than in some sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-subfolder in
Documents & Settings that takes half an hour to access in Xy?
Well, you get to choose the drive and the top-level folder, but then it does get nastily nested. Mine gets stored in
E:\EMAIL\Eskimo\Mail\Local Folders\
The Eskimo level is unnecessary; I periodically copy my Juno e-mails to another subfolder named Juno, because Juno itself insists on keeping them on C:. If you're not worrying about another e-mail app, all you'd need is EMAIL\Mail\Local Folder (I think Tbird creates the last 2).
The Eskimo subfolder has a set of sub-subfolders named Drafts.sbd,
Inbox.sbd, Sent.sbd, Trash.sbd, and unsent messages.sbd. BUT then right
in Local Folders are a set of files namd Drafts, Inbox, etc., which seem
to actaully consist of all the posts in that category, in one big file;
plus a series of files with the same name and the extension .msf, which
seem to be indexes to the "real" files.
Of course, what I do is open my mail when I get it, and copy and paste
to a Xy file, open in Xy, in which I store all that month's posts, so I
have them on my own hard drive for reference. So what happens to the
original e-mails is of less concern. (I haven't given this adddress out
to anyone but this list; too many correspondents elsewhere use Outtaluck
and MSN, from which it could be harvested by bots.)

Patricia M. Godfrey