Stack question

I followed Robert's suggestion of using $D in place of GT, LD on some, but
not all, of the keys I use for moving the cursor down, and it works fine.
My remaining questions (wouldn't you know there'd be remaining questions)
concern the use of STACK.
1. When the "hint" procedure doesn't find a match, it still fetches
something from the stack, but it's an irrelevant command. E.g., when
there's no command in the stack that begins with a "d," the hint brings up:

se /gt,ld/
Maybe this is a feature, not a bug, but I'd prefer that a non-match produce a PRompt to the effect "no match in stack."
2. I'm a little confused by the order of the stack. Since it is a "stack,"
shouldn't the order be:

most recent
second most recent
third most recent
so that cursor down moves us from top (most recent) down towards less recent? So, when I enter the pseudo-commands:

1
2
3
I'd expect the down-arrow to move me: 3,2,1. Yet it's the *up* arrow that moves me in that direction. I tried just switching the order in s/g 621 to $D LU but that didn't change this.

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx