Re: New monitor/bad resolution

Andy,

As I said before I don't actually run xywrite in windows -- it's in a root directory, under windows, and that may make a difference.

It makes absolutely no difference what *directory* ("folder") XyWrite is located in. "Under Windows" or anywhere else, it is a DOS program and runs the same.

I usually run xy on a laptop, with lcd screen, and it works fine. My wife runs it on a desktop with lcd screen, and it still works fine. CRT? maybe -- but I don't think there would be any advantage.

Well, CRTs in my experience allow several different resolution settings, whereas LCD have one (or maybe a couple) that work well, and the other res settings don't. So the CRT has more flexibility in that regard.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx