Re: Further on How to toggle Numlock

> ** Reply to note from "Paul Thornett"  Thu, 16 Jan 1997
20:29:04 +1100

> > Under NT, neither
> > these, nor any other such, programs do anything at all...
> > And I tried changing the 1st 20h (byte 5) to 40h in NUMLKON. This does

> > nothing. Then I changed the 2nd 20h reference (byte 8). This crashed
> > XyWrite! Any ideas?
>
> Hey, they don't work under LInux either. They're designed for DOS, and
> tested in an OS/2 VDM. In those environments, they work (lights and
all).
> Elsewhere, I can't say. Check an NT newsgroup.

It was on the train this morning that I solved my Caps Lock program in the
simplest and most elegant way imaginable. I need to be able to run XyWrite
III+ under Pc/Focus in such a way that all my letters are in upper-case. Of
course the solution, after several months of occasional thought, was dead
simple. In my Focus directory (from where I need to load XyWrite) I simply
have a revised keyboard definition file, where normal characters are
upper-case, and Shifted characters are lower-case. No need to mess with
Caps Lock.