Re: AW: RE: XyWrite Source Code

flash@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Running in DOS is one of the main advantages, as far as I can see; less overhead, blazingly fast. I
realize that clinging to DOS is futile and that even NT5 has only a virtual DOS machine (VDM) not a
'real' DOS environment. I guess we all know that we are going to have to upgrade someday. Sigh. I'll
chip in 50 bucks, if it comes down to a question of buying the rights (assuming we find someone
who'll take our money).

But surely it is possible (though you'd never know it
from most of the bloatware out there) to write a lean
and mean 32-bit app that gives you a clean screen but
doesn't require the DOS screen manipulation, which is
evidently the choking point? I'm thinking of the other
editor I occasionally use for plain text, EditPad. Will
post the URL next time I get their newsletter; a Dutch
company working in Thailand, I think.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx