Printing problem in Windows 95

Since I switched to Windows 95 I have been unable to print in an ordinary way.
 If I use the XyWrite driver for my HP4 printer I can print in the printer's
native fonts, one page at a time (all pages but the first come out shaded); if
I use the Windows driver everything comes out in Greek.

As a professional writer, I have not been happy having to print one page at a
time. I've discovered that I can convert the files to Word for Windows and
print them that way, but I would prefer to eliminate that step. Does anyone
have any suggestions?

dmh