Re: off-topic: c: drive filling up

Thanks to everyone who responded to my desperate whine--you
started the little gray cells working again, and I may have
come up with a solution based on something Jeff mentioned
below: Paint.

I had been saving the emailed images to the D: drive, which
has 1.47gb free, but could not send them out again because I
kept getting the message "Microsoft Photo Editor Cannot
Load CMC.dll." I downloaded a CMC.dll I found on the web,
but still got the same message about not being able to load
it.

After reading Jeff's message, I opened one of the images
from D: in Paint, and was able to send it, at least to
myself. I've also sent it to the client to make sure they
can open it (cross fingers, cross toes, cross eyes).

So far, the sources for these projects have not sent
anything larger than 6,000kb, and most are way smaller, so I
think the D: drive just might be the ideal storage place as
long as I can send in Paint. (I'm assuming the ratio of
emailed images to slides/chromes/cds/zip disks/glossies will
be the same over the next few weeks as it was over the past
few, and that the email resolutions will continue being
dismal.)

Of course, if anyone knows how to get the CMC.dll loaded, it
would save me a step.

Again, thanks for your help--a weight has been lifted.

Judith Davidsen