Re: WordPort 6.0 under Windows 3.1

Well, that sounds like the problem right there -- somewhere in the
autoexec.bat, there must be a command that loads the tcp/ip program. Not just
the path statement (e:\tcpip/dos/bin) but something else. This is often what
happens when you allow a program, during installation of that program, to
modify your autoexec.bat or config.sys. NEVER LET THEM DO THIS! Look for that
command, delete that line or at least "rem" is out, and all will be well, I
think. Then, for your actual tcp/ip session, if you don't have an icon already
for it, migrate the tcp/ip program to the desktop. But wait -- isn't that a
feature of OS/2? Then it should be an OS/2 program -- what is the
e:\tcpip\dos\bin, anyway? Why run a dos tcp/ip when you have it built-in to
Warp? I wouldn't think a dos tcp/ip would even work under OS/2 -- only if you
had LAN Manager, and then again, it's built in.
I got interlink and laplink for dos to work, but only in a dos VBM (image file
window). Sounds like you got something screwy there, Marv.