DOS emulator

Searching for solutions to XY running under W2K I accidentally came across two DOS emulators that I
had never encountered before. The first, called DodGE is designed to run old DOS games. It is an
ongoing Shareware project, with a cost of $10 for the software and it can be found at:

http://eliel.com/files/DodGE.zip

A very brief test suggested that it will not run XY3 or XY4 but I have not explored it very fully.

A second piece of software, called DOSBOX, turns out to be quite capable of running both W2K. What
is more the scrolling is exactly as it would be under real DOS, not the viscous excuse that W2K
offers. The down side is that the window in which the software runs is so small that it is
unusable on my 1024x768 LCD monitor, though I am sure it would look fine at 640x480.  This is an
open source project and the software can be found at:

http://dosbox.zophar.net/files/tools/doboxfro.zip

I suspect that neither emulator is currently ideal for XY purposes but the second shows that it is
certainly possible to run XY in a window under W2K without the scrolling problem encountered with
the MS product. Perhaps the developers could be persuaded to work on a more XY-friendly version.
Before that, however, it would be worth any other interested parties taking a look at the emulators
and passing their own verdicts.

Paul Breeze