Re: TAME Pre6

Maben writes:
Interesting.... I do get "Adjust text display." But off this
option, I get a set of 7 colour options, and off the top colour
option, I get a set of 25 options beginning with Default, LineDraw,
Symbol, Console, Proportional, Terminal, etc. There is no option
dealing with size of font. That option is located off the icon
on the upper left of the screem, under View, then Test Font.
I take it that you meant, just above "Text Font." Anyway, you seem to have
something very different in many respects than what I have. Your original
downloaded file, is it from 7/28/06 and 771220 bytes (using the DOS dir
command)?
As I said, Ctrl+wheel works to select the size of the font, but
the size I like is so close to the size before it that adjusting
it is slower than selecting the right size from a menu.
I assume you also know to take advantage of the settable leading with the
Winkey-# option (i.e., Winkey-1, Winkey-2, etc.).
As for Superscript, well I just don't have superscript as I did
in the past. The foot- and endnote numbers as reduced in size
alright, but they are on the line. Is there a way that I can
force the numbers to be a bit above the line, ...by adding a
line to a configuration file perhaps?
I'm a bit confused by all the configuration files in different directories.
Maybe it's just me. I basically modify XyWrite.app.tam in the Program Files
directory, but D. Thomas says there's another one I should be experimenting
with, and I haven't tried that.
Patricia says that a .PRN file might make the difference. In STARTUP.INT I
load hp4-plus.prn. I seem to recall that that uses LJ4.BIN. If you have
those, try them. If you don't, I think they're on the XYWWWEB site.
> The menu options (when you left click on the title bar's icon at the left)
> have been expanded. I can now set the repeat rateusing a menu which shows 1
> to 9. I like 8, vs. the about 2 that I get without Tame.

Where exactly do you see "Repeat rate"?
Under the dialog box that comes up when you left-click on the icon at the
left of the title bar.
Since you did not uninstall, is it possible that you are using
TAME 5.1, Pre 5 menus in Pre 6?

I don't see how. Pre5 didn't have these options.
 I ask because some of 5.1 Pre5
can survive the upgrade under ...\My Documents\Tame 5.1\....
Something in there is taking effect, for sure, because it has kept the
color settings I made for earlier versions.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx