Re: re Northgate keyboards

** Reply to message from "R Tennenbaum"
on Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:01:36 -0500 (EST)

> Often they're filthy, but they're easy to clean, and
> stuck keys aren't at all difficult to fix.

I've never had any success with stuck keys -- not really. I've tried
cleaning, solvents, WD-40, all the measures mentioned here short of
the dishwasher (a LONG drying period would seem to be prudent!).
Nothing ever really worked for me. The Northgates in particular seemed
to have a planned obsolescence (but none of my Avants has shown any
sign of deterioration, after about 3 years).

So, umm, what's your secret recipe?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx