Virus warning

For the last few weeks I have been getting spam e-mail messages ostensibly
from hahaha@xxxxxxxx, about Snowhite and the seven dwarfs, with an
attached .exe or .scr file.

I've usually deleted the message and the file, but eventually got sick of it,
and replied from another address (I did not want to reply from my usual
address in case it was trolling for confirmation of spamming addresses).

I got a reply indicating that the address was forged, and was being used to
distribute a virus. I checked the headers to see where the message was coming
from, and the only possible candidate wasn't someone I knew who would be
sending mail.

That leaves the possibility that it may be coming from a member of one of the
mailing lists I belong to -

XyWrite,
coinherence
electric trolleybus lists.

If you have been getting messages from hahaha@xxxxxxxx, please check the
headers, and let me know where they are coming from, and let me know which of
the lists you belong to.

Also, DON'T open any of the attached files!

Sorry about the off-topic message, but *someone* whom I don't know is sending
me these messages, and therefore presumably belongs to one of these lists,
and is possibly infected with this virus.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm