RE: Unwanted 'Action Bar' [was: ersatz autosave...?]

-----Original Message-- From: Carl Distefano

>Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:29:31 -0500

>> The solution would seem to be to remove the GT SH call from key 56 in Table Alt.

>Bingo! This little glitch isn't a "feature" of Xy4, it's an unforeseen interaction between the OS and Xy4's out-of-the-box configuration.
>Easily solved. And the solution is indeed to modify the default KBD file. But... not in TABLE=ALT.
>Rather, you need to change the Alt key assignments (keys 56 and 98) in TABLE= and TABLE=CAPS.
>Change them from the default assignment (GT,SH) to NO (No Operation), like this:

>;;56=GT,SH <== commented out (disabled)
>56=NO <== new assignment: No Operation

>;;98=GT,SH
>98=NO

And easily solved it was. Hmmm...I may just have to look into switching over to Xy4 (it DOES have
quite a bit of macro functionality that I've been wanting to play with). I'll have to see if there's
any other petty annoyances to be dealt with.

Thanks Carl

-Brian H.