Re: XyWrite orphaned

If I were offered a word processor that doesn't include footnotes and
tables, before paying *anything* for it I would ask what else it doesn't
include. The omission of footnotes puts the projected perpetual beta
seriously behind the 1987 version of PC-Write! The best suggestion by far
that I have seen in this thread is to make available a full-featured,
time-limited demo. People who try it out and find it does what they need
can then pay a "nominal sum" for the beta, which removes the time
limitation. That sort of thing is routinely done by an "unlocking"
procedure, with no necessity for downloading twice.

I suggest we concentrate on this possibility instead of the original
pig-in-a-poke offer.

Cheers,

-------
N. Sivin