Re: XyWrite orphaned

One reason the response has been benign, I think, is that for many of us
Frank's offer was both vague (what does the program do and how much is he
going to charge us for our services as beta-testers?) and useless (I don't
run any Windows programs and see no reason to begin).  Did I say
pointless too? So we didn't respond at all. It is a tribute to the
marvels of good ole XyDos itself that so much good will remains. In a
desktop full of OS/2 applications XyDos is my remaining legacy app. and
will continue to be so past the year 2000.
 Annie hopes to never write a footnote. I hope to never produce
camera-ready copy. (Well, I will probably produce a primitive newsletter
for a local SlowFood convivium, but I have what I need for that.) Perhaps
SWWin offers hope for the font concerned; not a big deal for me.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

The finest landscape in the world is improved by a good inn in the foreground.
	--Samuel Johnson
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

take a look at: http://www.best.com/~derm

David Auerbach              David Auerbach
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103
Raleigh, 27695-8103