XyWrite for Windows vs XyWrite for DOS

I've never used XyWrite for DOS, so I hope you'll bear with me. I have a
freelance job which will entail saving redlined text in XyWrite 4.12 for
Windows. My client wants to know whether she will be able to accept/reject
changes to my redlined text in XyWrite for DOS. Our mutual concern is that
we will lose the redlining and the special characters when she opens the
files in DOS mode. I don't know which version of XyWrite my client is using.

Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks,
Craig

Craig A. Triplett