Re: Using XyWrite with XP OS

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Sat, 10 Sep 2005
23:01:59 -0400

> I simply have a laptop with a port for an external monitor.

If you have "a" port for an external monitor on your laptop (I do too, I think
everybody does, and I use mine -- for one external monitor), how do you connect
two external monitors? Daisy chain them somehow? Obviously, you can use the
built-in laptop screen plus one external monitor simultaneously, which (on my
system) yields identical views of the Desktop (or the maximized|fullscreen
foreground app) on both screens; but I didn't think that was what you were
talking about...

After this hurdle, how do you go about dividing the Desktop real estate in
half, or assigning apps to a given monitor, or -- what do you do? I've never
attempted this. It seems to me that if you have a big external, say 21", with
high resolution around 1400x1050 or more, you can comfortably display multiple
apps without surrendering 4 feet of desk space. But it's an intriguing idea

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx