TAME [was: Hardware ID (was Completely Off-Topic)]

Michael Norman wrote:

And your remark gives me a opening to call for more XyWriters to try it.
I use an early version. It solves 90% of my problems with the display of DOS programs, including XyWrite. I have been reluctant to try a new version because of the discussion on the list regarding (a) problems it creates rather than solves (I don't recall the details), (b) the fact that it now tries to display subscripts as subscripts rather than as colored characters (I want colors, not subscripts), (c) the apparent irreversibility of updating to a new version, and (d) the possibility that it will make substantially worse the display of my other DOS programs, which are very idiosyncratic. What is the latest on (a)? Is there still an option for a "classic" XyWrite screen (with colors)? What is the best version to try? Martin -- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne +1 416-978-5094 Have you seen http://econtheory.org