My wish list

First on my list is XyWrite for OS/2.

And while I'm waiting for that , it would be nice to have a
way to use Type 1 or True Type fonts with XyDos since both fonts
are so much more widely available (and cheaper) than Speedo
fonts. I notice that
SoftMaker (619-929-6030; the maker of infiniType) has a scaling
engine that allows you to use Type 1 fonts with the major (but
not better) word processors. I wonder if XyWrite could license this engine from
SoftMaker or work with SoftMaker in some way to allow the use of
Type 1 fonts with XyDos? This is a sort of add-on that I
wouldn't mind paying extra for. True, I could achieve the same
result with XyWin, but I don't do Windows.

Another thing that would be nice is filter updates. I recently
had the need to convert a file to MS Word 6.0 and couldn't do it.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx