Re: Xy4Win yes or no

On Sun, 5 Feb 1995, W BECHSTEIN wrote:
> > Actually, one thing I often wonder about is what kind of market XyWrite
> for Windows is really aimed at. As someone here has pointed out, not
> even all XyWrite for DOS users seem to have received upgrade notices,
> and I have _never_ seen any advertisement in any of the major computer
> rags. I certainly am not of the opinion that only mainstream blockbusters
> do have merit, but even an off-the-beaten-path product needs the support
> of a certain market segment. Can anybody enlighten me as to exactly who
> TTG are aiming this product at?

That's part of my concern; I get the sense that Xy is on its last
legs. No advertising, it's not available in software stores, and
I've never received an upgrade notice, or an offer to purchase Xy/Win.

I never looked at other Windows word processors before. But my w
ife b rought home a laptop with WP for Windows loaded, and I
couldn't resist trying it. On that machine--a 25 mhz 486--the
speed was acceptable. MY machine is a 486/66, so performance
should be better. It can keep 9 windows open, it has an
autocompletion feature like XyWrite's...and so now I'm wondering
if it's time to end my longstanding relationship with Xy.

I'd stick it out if I believed TTG is serious about maintaining
and upgrading Xy. But I have my doubts.

jim besser