Underline

Scrub what I said earlier about printer files; totally irrelevant. There
are two problems here, one difficult, the other easy. The difficult part
is getting anything to look underlined on a VGA screen in Xy. I tried
running UNDERLIN.EXE (which I find I still have in my Xy directory)
before loading XyDOS, then commanding Help Colors . Various
colors and numbers display, but none are underlined. Now it is true that
I'm temporarily working with a crippled monitor (it lost its magenta
signal a while back, and I'm still debating what to do), but I seem to
recall from back when VGA first came in that this was an "issue." I will
try again on the laptop, but LCDs are, from what I've been hearing on
this list, even more problematical. Would Ultravision help? If you can
once get an underlined mode to display on your screen, just copy that
setting from the MD UL item to the MD IT one in SETTINGS.DFL and you're
in business.
	I'm a tad puzzled why you want underlining when you can have reverse
video or a different color, not to mention keeping the formatting deltas
visible so as to be sure where things begin and end, but de gustibus...
Patricia
	You know, there must be a way to produce underlining on screen, because
WordImPerfect uses red underlining for words its (pretty pathetic) spell
checker doesn't recognize. but it's probably a Win API.