Re: XyW Icon

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> Martin wanted a distinctive XyW icon. Well, there is one that came with
> XyWin. If you have that, just right click your existing XyDOS shortcut,
> and somewhere under properties you should find an option to Change Icon.
> Search in the XyWin folder for XWBMP.DLL and click on that from the
> Change Icon screen, and you should get a nice XyW in red and dark blue.

I presume you likely mean the one I'm attaching to this message. I don't
recall exactly where it came from (or where the "4 +" business came from), so
I'm not surprised if the answer happens to be XyWin. Over the years, I think
I've collected every Xy icon that was released, but I wouldn't know if anyone
has rolled their own.

> If you don't have XyWin, there is a way to create icons in Paint, but the
> backgrounds and colors don't always come out right.

I think that of those I've seen, I much preferred the flower icon . . . but
it says Xy III. I had it in mind to go into some paint program or graphics
editor and change the III to a IV. However, my drawing skills are quite
atrocious, so I never seriously followed up on this.

Jordan