Re: Gresham's Law

"Why am I unsurprised that you share the same assessment of the
computing public as The Megacorp That Sized Up the PC Market and
Visited PCJr and Warp on Us."

In other words, "you might not actually use OS/2, but you think like
somebody who does." Are you going to ask him if he is now, or has
ever been...?

The discussion about platforms arose with Mr. Frank's announcement of
the details of the next Xy upgrade. Several people here are
commenting about the possibility of development taking different
lines, the pros and cons of each. As far as I know, while many
including Harmon have suggested alternate paths, no one has taken
anyone sorely to task for any decisions that have been made. I
haven't seen him flacking, hyping, complaining, denigrating anyone's
business -- doing anything but presenting a view of using personal
computers which takes recent developments into consideration. Given
that we all use Xywrite and would like to see the best parts of it at
least continue in some form, is there anything the matter with for
instance, making a discreet (and honestly, oblique) suggestion that it
be Java-enabled?

It isn't as though there are forty messages a day on this list.
Product development is big news, isn't it? Mr. Frank will bring out
his product as he sees fit, will find the market he is looking for,
and the conversation will change -- or perhaps he'll be making his
apperances on newwrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead. In the meantime, as
has been said several times, you needn't read his messages if you
don't wish to.

  Rafe T.
  Readme @http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn