Re: Footnote Size problem

On Harry B's problem with
ci ///
more than 3 WW wild cards in a row don't work for me either,
although instead of giving me a senseless error message they
simply crash the program. On the other hand, 3 of them work fine,
and that leaves only a few footnotes to delete with a small XPL
program like FNX.PGM
XP_BC_se/f |fn1|XC_WG_BC_run c:\xy\r\fnx.pgmGT_
which puts you right after the next note delta so you can delete
it with a backspace, and finds the next when you hit enter. If
you want to name the program something else, or put it in a
different directory, you will need to correct the filepath at the
end of the program to get it put correctly on the command line.

A slightly simpler way to control the size is, instead of point
size commands, to assign them to two styles, say 1 and 2, and do
US 1 before the footnote and US 2 after. You can always redefine
the two styles without changing the style deltas.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science