Re: XY Full Screen in XP

Fred Weiner wrote:
Lowering the screen resolution from 1280 X 1024 to 800 X 600 had the
effect of giving a bit more witdh to the /appearance/ of the window on
the desktop, but the increment written to the PIF layout tab did not
"stick"; that is, after quitting XyWrite, closing down the window, and
re calling with the shortcut, the newly accessed layout tab showed back
to 80.
Wait a minute. You're talking about _WIDTH_? That's a whole other
kettle of fish, which I've never investigated. But since Xy has a
default SW setting too, I assume you have to change that in the
same way that you change Xy's SL setting, in conjunction with any
changes to the PIF layout tab. And, of course, you may need to
change the font.
Please try all this on a plain DOS shortcut, so we can see what
values are legal on your system, before messing with the Xy
settings. N.B. that to get a quick and dirty idea of what the
changes do, simply save the next 50 lines as a file and TYPE
filename.ext|more in that command window.

line 1
line 2
line 3
line 4