Re: Ascii 255, 64k limit, Off the record

TBaehr@xxxxxxx wrote:

> "*Is* there a 64K limit for .SPL files? (Tim?)"
>
> I *think* so. That's what I recall from way back when.

I haven't used a large .SPL file (most of the time I don't use one at all; the
shorthand and auto-correct features are kinda cool, but overly distracting, at
least to me). The 64K limit for defining / moving large blocks of text that
existed in v. 3 is gone in XY-4, correct ? Or so I always believed, as this
was supposed to be one of the major improvements between versions. Ditto the
ability to load and work on large files. I know that some here have been
choking on 5M files, but, as a practical matter, I haven't happened to work on
any larger than around 2 - 3M, and even working on files that big has been
uncommon here.

Jordan