Re: Off topic... but may be of interest.

At 06:59 PM 5/19/2008, Bill Troop wrote:
For what it's worth I have been trying out dtsearch, and it really is better and faster at finding file content than anything I have ever used on Windows or Mac. That said, it is not particularly interested in finding file names, and you have to instruct in specifically to build the index to include file names if you are interested in using the program to look for them. But I am merely in my infancy of using this extraordinary program so I shouldn't really say much other than that I am extremely impressed.
I've been using dtSearch for six years, and for sifting large amounts
of text (used it to cull, then search and extract thousands of text
fragments from nearly two hundred transcribed interviews, nothing
I've used or tested compares. Just started using it to sift through
email archives. Put a manuscript into it and you can track word usage
and syntactical patterns. Tech support has been same day.

Michael Norman