Re: topical win95 shareware

>From Annie Fisher:

> But the mind-bender is the *$5* incarnation,
> Super NoteTab, which has virtually no file-size limit (you
> there, Tim?).

I'm here. My linguistic research days are over, and I no longer have a yen for
a Xy4DOS that can handle files over 4 megabytes. (Actually, a friend informed
me that Dave did take a crack at that limit but there were problems with it
and he couldn't get back to it. But if the problem is ever solved, there will
be rejoicing in some small corners of the planet. It's apparently a knotty
problem, or Dave would have dispensed with it long ago. I wonder if anyone has
run up against size limits in XyWin, or will in SmartWords. (I did in
XyWin--crash without a message). 4 MB is a pretty amazing size given that
there's no overhead, but some of my projects exceeded 10 and sometimes 20 MB.

Nice to see you here on the list.

T.