Re: OT question - Copernic Desktop Search

Okay, I see what you are saying now.
there just isn't room on my small monitors to fit the whole megillah in at once.
Well, sure, you can type
e:grametce\handouts\COSE07\*.*
But I can do that at a cmd. prompt. The whole point of using the gui is not to have to do that, but to point and click.
Yes, it surprising they don't have that facility. But I use search only for
global searches of C: and I don't nest deeply. Of course you can't avoid
the damn "documents and settings" branching. And all the different User
areas, and My Documents. I find it a mess. I prefer everything off the root.
My wife uses Total Commander instead of Explorer. I see that it's got a
4.95 out of 5 rating. Hmmm, I'll get it myself (it's shareware).

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx