Re: Xywrite on Black and White

" On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Robert Holmgren wrote:
. Ditto the serial
" > cards and video cards, beautiful flat-screen B&W monitors and all that
" > junk. Just pitch it.
"
" Beautiful flat-screen B & W monitors? Gee, I wish you had pitched some of
" those my way! Especially if they were true black-and-white, sometimes
" called "paper-white," to distinguish them from the amber-on-black or
" green-on-black types. Surely my original black-and-white monitor, circa
" 1992, is going to blink out soon (it was twice repaired, though, curiously
" the last time was 1994), and I fear that I'm not going to have any choice
" but to replace it with a color monitor. My computer is a writing machine,
" pure and simple (hence XyWrite). I use the Macintosh in my office for the
" Internet, etc. I LIKE colors, and they're useful or even necessary in
" some applications, but I find that looking at color monitors wearies my
" eyes much more quickly, even if the screen is set all in grays. And if
" I'm writing in XyWrite, I don't NEED colors.
"
" Does anyone else share this optical prejudice?
"
" Carlo Caballero " Research Associate " Campus Box 301
" The University of Colorado " Boulder, CO 80309
" thyrsus@xxxxxxxx
----------------------
	Over here. I prefer Black and White (Paper white screens)
	though I have a colour screen on the test bench. For work
	it another VGA Paperwhite screen.

	I prefer BlackandWhite and have, thankfully, never seen
	XyWRite in colour.

	I hated XyWrite 4's installation, because it assumed some
	colour mode that made installation practically invisible.
	TTG must only use Colour (and now only graphics?) instead
	of tried and true.

	And OS/2 initial screens were the same, but futher 'in'
	the installation mode it was visible.

	Matrox Millenium, and ATI WonderPlus video cards though,
	driving the Black and White.

					say@xxxxxxxx
					Daniel Say