Re: Art Campbell's book on xyW4 xpl

" ≪ ... Art Campbell's xyW4 xpl macros book
"  (which slips now and then and calls xyW4 Signature) ... ≫ --adpF
"
" ≪ It's news to me (though, to be sure, most things in life are news to
" me) that there ever was anything in print about Xy4 XPL. I'd be grateful to
" know more.
"
" (Is adpF's reference to "xyW4" a portmanteau allusion to Xy4 for DOS *and*
" XyWin?) ≫ --Eric Van Tassel
"
" adpF differentiates between xyW3 and xyW4 unless there's
" a reason to specify xyDos 4 or xyWin.
"
" The Campbell book appears to have been written for
" Signature and hastily edited and renamed when the second
" release of Sig was rerenamed xyWrite 4. xyWin hadn't
" been released, but xyDos 4 and xyWin xpl is purportedly
" the same. adpF's impression is that the behavior of
" xyDos 4 pgms in xyWin, however, is almost as unpredictable
" as the behavior of xyW3 pgms in xyDos 4. Where The Herb's
" programs are incidental to the in-depth insights into
" late-release xyW3 he presents, adpF believes that Campbell
" offers little beyond run-of-the-mill macros. (Campbell,
" who also wrote a useful general-purpose xyW 3.54 manual,
" subscribed to the xylist for a while but vanished after
" of course being subjected to unprovoked flames.) adpF
" has seen enough copies of his Sig/xyW4 book remaindered
" in the not-too-distant past to guess that a determined
" search could turn up a copy:
"
" 	Art Campbell & Bonnie Allen: "XyWrite 4 Macros"
" 	(Windcrest [imprint of TAB Books]/McGraw-Hill, 1993;
" 	ISBN 0-8306-4047-9)
"
" And for the record:
"
" 	Arthur R. G. Campbell: "Expert Advisor/XyWrite III Plus"
" 	(Addison-Wesley, 1989; ISBN-0-201-51721-3)
======================= adpFisher  nyc
" http://www.escape.com/~yesss/ ============

	----------
	Certainly Powells, http://www.powells.com, a large
	new and used bookstore online, in Portland Oregon, U.S.A.
	has a copy cheap in stock this minute.

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:27:28 -0800
  Great Deals on
  Really Good Books
   ______________
   Xywrite 4 Macros
      by Campbell Arthur R G
   --> Published by Mcgraw-Hill Inc * (0830640479, 93)
   Section: Ibm-Dos Software
   In Stock: 1 at 6.95 (Markdowns, Trade Paper, Technical)
   --> bibliographic information
--------
	And Amazon books (US) offers to get it for your
	through their used book service.
# Amazon.com Search by Keyword
--------
	Amazon-UK http://www.amazon.co.uk lists only the
	Herb Tyson book under Xywrite, but it may be the
	same thing as in the U.S. version, not really
	in print as the rest of the half-dozen Xywrite
	books in their list are also in that state.

				D.Say  say@xxxxxxxx