Re: Signature book

>CBW had a few
>copies of the Rothman a while back, and for a long time
>several copies of Art Campbell's xyW4 xpl macros book
>(which slips now and then and calls xyW4 Signature)
>but B&N (now defunct) Sales Annex had the Campbell cheaper.
>Anyone interested in learning how to operate Sig also
>could visit CBW's site http://cnct.com/bookworks and
>save you the s&h. But no one should get his/her hopes
>up of finding The Book there. In the many years I've
>haunted Ruby's (used to have a whole computer books room)
>and CBW, I've never seen a copy.

I got a copy of the Campbell book (*XyWrite 4 Macros,* with Bonnie Allen)
about a month or so ago through Amazon.com's out-of-print book locating
service. It came in excellent condition, even shrink-wrapped (although
anybody could do that), with the original disks intact and unopened.

Also relating to this topic is an article that appeared in Nov. 23
Newsweek--"Books Caught in the Web." The article is about B&N's buyout of
Ingram. The following especially caught my eye: "[B&N] plans to stock
every book in print and to revive thousands of out-of-print books using
Ingram's Lightning Print, the industry leader in print-on-demand
technology. 'No book will ever go out of print again,' says B&N vice
chairman Steve Riggio."

Timothy Olson
Editorial/Technical Assistant
Tyndale House Publishers