Re: anybody there? (yes, and I have a problem)

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> IMO -- all the Win32 OpSyses are garbage, but at least the NT flavors are
> stable and have some decent tools. And then, of course, as we all know, there
> are the Win32 applications... which can mitigate objections to the underlying
> system -- some of the applications are really terrific, like Nero Burning ROM).

Ah, yes. But how do you get the selected app.s, sans the monstrosity they ride in on
? -- that's the trick. ODIN was always rather sketchy and limited, Connectix | VPC
has been co-opted by Redmund. But I just saw the press release on the VOICE List
about SVISTA, which sounds like a full replacement for VPC, with a nice array of Host
| Guest OS options. If that turns out well, *and* they price it for sale to end
users, this will be very good news indeed. I could see scrapping my W2K partitions
entirely.

Jordan