Re: anybody there? (yes, and I have a problem)

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Thu, 29 Jan 2004
15:36:05 -0800

> > I just wrote a great LFN routine, which will be in the next U2. I'll post it
> > here if anybody wants it earlier, as soon as I check it out under Win9x.

> Hmm, it was my impression that U2 already had some LFN rendering tools..
> was it just my imagination ?

Only for OS/2 (Xy-OS/2 File Manager). This is LFN support for Xy4 under Win32
NT (and maybe 9x, I dunno yet, need to play with a 9x machine, I have a 98SE
box here for the weekend only, so I'll give it a shot -- a ghastly tinkertoy
OS, IMO -- all the Win32 OpSyses are garbage, but at least the NT flavors are
stable and have some decent tools. And then, of course, as we all know, there
are the Win32 applications... which can mitigate objections to the underlying
system -- some of the applications are really terrific, like Nero Burning ROM).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx