Re: A general strategy for retaining XyWrite in a non-DOS world

Bill,

Kari, supposing you could get XP up and running, as some have, under Hyper-V, wouldn't you then have DOS support? Only I have read that because there is no direct support for XP in Hyper-V, there will not be good video and networking support (i.e., integration).
This is not what I mean with DOS support, but it may enable running DOS programs, yes. Hyper-V is mostly for running modern virtualized servers, it is not for this kind of thing.
Am I correct in my understanding that for a guest OS to work comfortably in a VM, there must be 'integration' support (i.e. drivers) that are designed to be installed for the guest?
That is the case. You can play around without additions, but working is not easy.
FWIW, I continue to be delighted by VMware/Win8/W2K/Xy4. It has been several months of flawless performance.
I am glad you find it useful. This kind of setup is very robust, but I am still amazed how well VirtualPC 2007 runs real DOS, nothing beats it for running DOS programs. It better than having an old dedicated DOS Pentium around. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/