Re: `power' v wp xyW (long!)

 > Leslie:
> > My cardiologist frowns on my eating donuts, as well as on my
getting > riled up, but thanks for the suggestions. It just
seems to me that > people here keep wanting TTG to turn XyWrite
into a Swiss Army knife, > when all it ever has been described
as is "a versatile, powerful word > processing tool.*"
*--XyWrite 4.0 Installation and Learning Guide
> And the Swiss Army Knife is exactly that: a powerful,
versatile tool. And that's XyWrite.

> If programmers happen to find it helpful, all well and good.
But there > already are other programming tools out there.
Should we be going after > the developers to turn them into word processors?
> A totally false analogy. The programming tool in question,
XPL, is used to enhance XyWrite, and it certainly does.

> As for flames, kindly take a look in the mirror.

I see. I.e.,. you are to be allowed to say anything you wish and
when I reply in kind I am supposed to examine myself and repent?
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way, especially when you target
so intelligent and knowledgeable a contributor as Annie Fisher.
I don't take kindly to flames and if flamed I bazooka back. If
flamed again I assume unrepentence on the part of the instigator
and simply ignore them subsequently.

--Leslie--