Re: Full-screen DOS Prompt on Vista (was I want to go geek .. and VPC?)

On Jun 22, at 11:39 AM, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
That error message was written by M$ programmers and incorporated in the finished product sold by M$. That makes it a statement of M $. If you want to think billg doesn't know what his programmers are doing and what is incorporated in the company's products, go ahead. That would, in my book, render him incompetent, not dishonest. Which would you rather be thought?
Another way to look at the unobjectionable of Patricia's remark is as
a certain kind of figure of speech which she, and not I, will know
the name of. (Does anyone remember a wonderful short story by Thurber
about "the container for the thing contained"?)

David Auerbach