RE: Full-screen DOS Prompt on Vista (was I want to go geek .. and VPC?)

While Mr. Bill may indeed be dishonest or incompetent, my choice for an
answer to "lying" error dialogs would be typical corporate culture (just
like where I work). Departments don't talk to one another...people don't
talk to one another. Add social politics, territorial animosities, and
(what I call) Ego Expression Syndrome...people just doing stuff to
inject "something of their own" into a highly regimented system/product.
With that kind of dynamic, anything and everything is possible.

And there could be a lot Billy doesn't know about what his people are
doing. He only knows what his managers tell him. Anything more would
require actual espionage on his part...of which he probably does at
least a little.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

That error message was written by M$ programmers and incorporated in
the finished product sold by M$. That makes it a statement of M$. If
you want to think billg doesn't know what his programmers are doing
and what is incorporated in the company's products, go ahead. That
would, in my book, render him incompetent, not dishonest. Which would
you rather be thought?