Re: XPL best practices

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Well, in public programming, yes: you need some method to switch drive AND
path. In private programming, you do any damn thing you want.
Yes, I grasp that in general, and try to follow it. But
in this case, can one really imagine that ANYBODY would
have \filters on another drive than Editor.exe? (In
fact, I greatly fear that all too many people have
everything--opsys, programs, data, downloads,
archives--on that one, huge, undifferentiated,
unpartitioned C. But let's not go there.)
In any event, one wouldn't want to hard code it,
surely, but extract it by left-parsing the filter path?
Can one have kmd.exe as well as cmd.exe on a W2K box?

Yes.

I thought so, but glad to be assured.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey