Re: Editing .exe and .com files

A zapper is a binary editor. It displays and accepts user input in hex
(and often decimal too). It should have a search facility, to
find the strings you wish to change. HexEdit, DrHex, Beav, etc.
-- there are many of them, available for every platform, often
freeware.

> Will Xy come out with a Windows95 version? I'm looking forward
> to using long file names (and not the pseudo-long ones with the tilde
> in truncated versions that I understand I can use if I run Xy4DOS from
> within W95)?  Harry Binswanger

Can somebody explain to me what this means? Truncated names?
The tilde? How to use in Xy4DOS? Does it work for subdirs?

Robert J. Holmgren holmgrn@xxxxxxxx